Practical and Theory Assessment Dates
This page provides information regarding re-sit and deferred assessments.
To book an assessment, please contact our assessment team on 0203 994 9550 (option 3)
Open allClose all
Instructions: Clicking on the section name will show / hide the section.
Online Theory Assessments
Remote online theory assessments are available for multiple choice exams with YMCAfit via eProctored assessments, supported by our awarding organisation YMCA Awards.
eProctored assessments allow you to complete your theory assessment at home without needing to attend one of our approved assessment centres. Instead, you can use a laptop and smartphone to record yourself during the exam so that YMCA Awards can verify that you have met the required assessment conditions.
Online theory assessments are available every Thursday and Saturday at 11am and 7pm. To book your online eProctored theory assessment, please contact our assessment team on 0203 994 9550 (Option 3).
Once you have booked your online theory assessment YMCAfit will email you a confirmation of the booking. A further email to register for your exam will be sent to you 1 week in advance of your assessment date. This will be sent to you via Proctor Exam and will include the necessary set up instructions. If you are unable to see an email from Proctor exam in your inbox, please be sure to check your junk/spam folder too.
Important information regarding system requirements, assessment guidance and more, can be found on the following link: Guidance for eProctored assessments
You must follow the link above and read the information provided before you book an online theory assessment.
If you require a scribe, reader or translation book you must complete a paper based exam.
Please note online theory exams are only available for our multiple-choice theory exams. Any short answer (open-ended) theory papers can only be taken in person. Online exams are not available for short answer papers.
Paper Based Theory Assessments
In persons theory assessments are available at our approved centres. To book your in-person paper based theory assessment, please contact our assessment team on 0203 994 9550 (Option 3).
You will need:
- To arrive 15 minutes prior to the stated start time
- Present your booking confirmation email to gain entry to the venue
- A photo ID (such as a passport or driving license)
- A black pen
For details regarding available assessments (including locations, dates and times), please select from the below links:
Practical Observed Assessments (Face to Face)
If you have referred or deferred a practical observed assessment, please contact our assessment team via firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name on to a waiting list to be kept informed of further opportunities.
- If you are deferring your practical assessment to an assessment that is not part of your course, you will be required to pay the full cost of the assessment if less than four weeks’ notice is given before the start of your course.
- A resit assessment will incur a charge for the full assessment fees.
- You will be required to ensure you have the correct number of helpers for your assessment. If you are unsure of how many helpers you will be required to take with you on the assessment day, please speak to the Assessment Team.
- If you are attending a resit assessment you may need new assessment paperwork. Please discuss this with the Assessment Team.
If you are on the waiting list and an available assessment date approaches, an email will be sent to you identifying the date and location of the available assessment. Assessment bookings are allocated on a first come first served basis and can only be secured with a payment in full.